Job Description: Assistant Solicitor
The Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office has no current openings for prosecutors. However, we are accepting applications for potential openings in 2021. Applicants must be a member of the South Carolina State Bar, and can work as part of a team. Must also be organized, exercise sound judgment, be able to prioritize workload and assignments, and possess excellent communication skills. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, résumé and references to:
Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office
P.O. Box 1880
Bluffton, SC 29910
No phone calls, please.
Job Description: Sexual Assualt Nurse Examiner (SANE)
General Position Description
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE), is a Registered Nurse responsible for providing timely, victim-centered, trauma-informed care to patients affected by sexual violence. A SANE employed with the 14th Circuit SAFE Program will respond in an on-call capacity for patients within the 14th judicial circuit of the Lowcountry.
- SANE responsibilities include the acute medical forensic examination with possible evidence collection, providing prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections when appropriate, photographic documentation, referrals for appropriate follow-up and support, and participation in legal proceedings.
- The SANE works under the direction of the Medical Director and in conjunction with the SANE Coordinator. All employees of the 14th Circuit SAFE Program are expected to follow the protocols established at the national, state and program level.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the State of South Carolina
- Minimum of two (2) or more clinical years of experience working as a licensed nurse preferred
- Priority given to those with successful completion of an IAFN approved Adult/Adolescent SANE, Pediatric SANE, or a dual Adult/Adolescent/Pediatric SANE training including both didactic and clinical portions; Additional SANE training opportunities may be available after hire in specialties not yet acquired
- Current BLS or ACLS certification required
- Must have current driver’s license and available transportation
- Ability to respond to patient within 60 minutes of notification
- Requirement of (3) three 12-hr call shifts per month, no cap on number of shifts available, no mandatory weekend requirements, flexibility to choose daytime or nighttime shifts
- Opportunities to participate in educational offerings related to nursing practice
- Remain up to date in current literature related to field
- Adjust positively to multiple demands, ambiguity, role shifting, and change
- Demonstrate ability to identify needs of sexual assault patients that require medical treatment and intervention
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with patients, families, and members of the multidisciplinary teams
- Willingness to actively participate in ongoing quality initiatives
- Uphold all confidentiality requirements and maintain applicable state and federal laws.
Candidates/Hires must be able to communicate and coordinate with the following non-exhaustive list of institutions and agencies including:
- 14th Circuit Victim Services Center;
- 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office;
- SART of the Lowcountry;
- Area Hospitals and Emergency Departments;
- Area Law Enforcement Agencies;
- Department of Social Services;
- Local Advocacy Centers
- 12-hr shifts available
2+ years nursing experience
SANE with 1 or more years clinical experience (Preferred, not required)
Associate degree in Nursing (required) or greater
- On-Call Pay plus additional Fee-Per-Exam
- Hourly compensation available
- Opportunities for Certification and Further Training
Note: this position does not offer benefits such as healthcare, retirement, etc.
- SANE didactic and clinical training completed (preferred) – those without SANE training or near completion encouraged to still apply, training must be completed prior to practice within program
- IAFN SANE Certification not required but preference given to those with designation
Current, valid South Carolina Nursing License
To apply, please send resumes to:
To apply, please send resumes to:
14th Circuit SAFE Program
c/o Heather Dollar, RN
P.O. Box 1880
Bluffton, SC 29909
The Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.