Pursuant to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act, the Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office will provide copies of public records in its custody unless the records are exempt from disclosure under S.C. Code of Laws 30-4-40.
FOIA requests can be mailed to the following address:
Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office
ATTN: FOIA Request
P.O. Box 1880
Bluffton, SC 29910
Requests can also be emailed to:
State law requires our office to respond to FOIA requests within 10 business days of receipt of the request. It is our policy to respond to FOIA requests as quickly as possible. In accordance with S.C. Code of Laws 30-4-30(B), FOIA requests are subject to fees for the search, retrieval and redaction of records, as well as fees for providing copies of such documents. Also, other direct costs may be assessed when appropriate. Requesters may be notified of fees in advance of being provided the records. The requester may accept the charges to receive records or may wish to reduce the charges by narrowing the request.
- Black-and-white paper copies: $.20 each
- Color paper copies: $1.00 each
- Thumbdrive: $10 each
- Work performed by members of our communications, administrative or intelligence teams: $14.00 per hour
- Work that must be performed by an assistant solicitor: $24.00 per hour
- Postage: Determined by weight