The Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office seeks a fulltime administrative assistant to work in its Hampton County office. The Solicitor’s Office is the chief prosecutorial agency for five counties in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. In addition to trying criminal cases in General Sessions Court, we run a program designed to help businesses recoup losses from worthless checks, as well as several diversionary programs, including Pre-Trial Intervention, Alcohol and Traffic education. Our administrative staff is key to running these programs effectively and efficiently. We are looking for a reliable, professional person with excellent customer service and telephone skills, proficient with a computer and able to multi-task. We offer a predictable work schedule and solid benefits. Must have a valid South Carolina drivers’ license and a clean criminal record. Viable candidates will have experience in a fast-paced office setting.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: Valid SC drivers’ license
Required education: High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- Help ensure Solicitor’s Office administrative tasks are performed accurately, promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain an orderly, efficient and friendly reception and customer-service operation in the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office area of the Hampton County Courthouse.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Manage and process worthless check cases, bond estreatments and expungements in Hampton and Allendale counties.
- Manage payment receipts for worthless check, Pretrial Intervention, Traffic Education and Alcohol Education programs, as well as any other defendant-related payments made to our office at the Hampton County Courthouse location.
- Answer emails to the general accounts to which you have access and answer/forward them in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Answer and properly route phone calls to the Hampton office main phone line, and checking and forwarding voicemail to that line, taking care to screen calls to identify defendants and prevent their inappropriate contact with other Solicitor’s Office employees.
Email your cover letter and resume to Chief of Staff Jeff Kidd.