14th Circuit Solicitor's Office​

Allendale, Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties​

Report a Crime

Report a Crime

If you are reporting a crime in progress or a crime has just taken place, call 911.

The 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office is the chief prosecutor of felony-level charges and certain misdemeanors across South Carolina’s 14th Judicial Circuit. However, as a general rule, initial reports of a potential crime should be made to the appropriate law-enforcement or regulatory agency. This list of contacts can assist you in reporting to the proper authorities.


If you would like to provide information about a crime but remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 843-554-1111. Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry serves 11 counties in SC:  Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry and Jasper counties.

14th Circuit Victims Services Center

Adults who have been sexually assaulted can seek immediate assistance through the 14th Circuit Victims Services Center. Call 843-790-6220 to reach an on-call staff member. You can also call Hopeful Horizons for assistance at 1-800-868-2632.

To report crimes by location

For non-emergency crime reports, call the law-enforcement agency that has jurisdiction in the area where the crime occurred.

Allendale County

Beaufort County

  • Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office (also provides police service to Town of Hilton Head Island), 843-255-3402
  • City of Beaufort Police Department, 843-322-7900
  • Town of Bluffton Police Department, 843-706-4550
  • Town of Port Royal Police Department, 843-986-2220
  • University of South Carolina Beaufort, Bluffton Campus, 843-208-8911
  • University of South Carolina Beaufort, Beaufort Campus, 843-812-8186
  • University of South Carolina Beaufort, Hilton Head Island Campus, 843-208-4911

Colleton County

Hampton County

Jasper County

State law-enforcement and regulatory agencies

  • S.C. Highway Patrol Troop 6 (Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Jasper counties), 843-953-6000
  • S.C. Highway Patrol Troop 7 (Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Hampton, Orangeburg counties), 803-531-6844
  • S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED alcohol and video poker), 803-896-7133
  • S.C. Secretary of State (To file a complaint about a charitable organization, professional fundraiser or nonprofit raffle, or about any solicitation that you have received for a charitable contribution. You can also report digitally by following directions on this page. 803-734-1728
  • S.C. Ethics Commission (Anyone who suspects that a violation of the law has been committed by a public official, public member, or public employee may file a complaint with the State Ethics Commission. To file complaints or for more information click here.
  • S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control: The agency has purview over many health and environmental laws and regulations. For more information about lodging a complaint, click here.
  • S.C. Department of Consumer Affairs (Assists consumers with inquiries and complaints against businesses that operate in South Carolina. If you have questions about the state lemon law, telemarketing, or collections, click here. 803-734-4200

Latest News